Kalavantin Durg is a pinnacle located adjacent to Prabalgad Fort. Detached from the main mountain this pinnacle is very close to the fortification of Prabalgad fort. to secure this side the pinnacle was fortified. Since the Prabalgad is very huge fort with an "L" shaped spread its not possible to see in all direction from any point on the fort and hence later this pinnacle also served as a watch tower.
This pinnacle has carved steps till the top. For the summit one has to climb a small rock patch. The view of Matheran and Prabalgad from here is excellent.
Meeting point: Fergusson college main gate at 10:00 pm Sharp! on Saturday
Date: 17th – 18th Dec 2016
Difficulty Level: 4(Hard)
Endurance Level: 3(Medium to High)
Base Village: Thakurwadi,Shedung
Route from Pune : Pune – Lonavala – Khopoli – Chowk – Shedung
Route from Mumbai: Mumbai – Panvel – Shedung
What to Bring:
• Luggage packed in big good trekking sack, all luggages packed in plastic bag.
• Complete spare set of clothes & socks
• Water bottle (atleast 1.5 ltr) compulsory, Electral/ Glucon-d energizers and personal medication
• Plate, Mug, Spoon, bowl etc.
• A sweater/warmwear/rainwear (as per the season)
• Good trekking shoes (sandles, chappals, floaters not permitted)
• A sleeping bag / Thermocol mat and shawl / normal satranji and shawl: (only for overnight treks)
• Torch with Extra pair of Batteries
• Camera, Binocular (Optional)
Departure at 10.30 pm from Fergusson collage main gate
Reach Shedung at 1.30am and start trekking towards Thakurwadi
Reach Thakurwadi around 3.30am and then halt
Early wakeup call at 6am
Have breakfast and start trekking by 7am towards Kalavantin COL
Start climbing the pinnacle around 8.30am.
Summiting the pinnacle and back to base by 12.30pm
Start downward trekking at 2.30pm and Back to bus at 4.30pm
Back to Pune by 8pm