Dhak is one of the most exciting and challenging trek in the Karjat region. Dhak Bahiri is located in the middle of a cliff of Dhak fort. There are three access routes to the fort. One is Jambhiwali, second is Rajmachi and the third is Sandashi.
Our trek route begins from Jambhivali village. From Jambhivali we have to ascent through fairly dense jungle up to a steep gully. From here the real challenge begins.
We have to traverse a rock patch of around 70 degrees gradient. After the rock patch we have to climb using the support of a wooden log which sways preciously .After and only after you climb the log can you reach the safety of the cave.
There is a water hole in the cave. The water is ice cold in every season and used for cooking purpose by the villagers. The cave is an impromptu temple of Lord Bahiri where sacrifices are carried out on regular basis.
Meeting Point: Dadar railway station by 5.15 AM.
Meeting Point: Kamshet by 9.00 AM.
• 05.30 am: Start Journey by Private Transport
• 09:30 am: Reach Base Village, Introduction, instructions
• 10.00 am: Breakfast and Tea at base of fort
• 12.30 pm: Reach near to base of Caves (Rock Patch) & climb the rock patch
• 1.30 pm: Lunch
• 3.00 pm: Start descend
• 5.00 pm: Reach Base Village
• 5:30 pm: Start return journey
We will be back to Dadar Station before 8-9pm.